This article deals with the physical aspects of God as stated in the Bible.
The use of the word 'anthropomorphic' in this case is in reference to events in which God or other divine beings displayed human traits, acted human-like, or expressed or displayed themselves in ways other than that of a divine being.
Consider that the biblical God is indeed anthropomorphic as evidenced by Him:
* Walking in the Garden of Eden "...in the cool of the day..." (Gen3:8)
* spreading "...dung on people's faces..."(Mal 2:3)
* changing his mind (Jonah 3:10)
* letting his kids impregnate earth women (Gen 6:4)
* often repenting (Ex 32:14 and 1 Sam 15:35)
* not being omnipresent (Gen 4:16, 11:5, 1 Kings 19:11-12)
* not being omniscient (Deut 8:2, 13:3, 2 Chron 32:31)
* being indecisive (Gen 18:17)
* demanding female virgins as war booty (Num 31:31-36)[God keeps 32 of them for Himself!]
* Has human appearance (Ezek 1:26-27, 8:2, Dan 7:9, Rev1:14-15)
* has REALLY bad breath (Isa 30:28, Exo 15:8, 2 Sam 22:9-16, Job 4:9,39:20, 41:19-21, Psa 18:8)
* farts often as in "...my bowels sound like a harp..."(Isa 16:10)
* plays deaf on occasion "...though they cry in mine ears..."(Ezek 8:18)
* 'moons' people in "...you will see my back parts...(Exo 33:23)
* ".dwells in thick darkness."(1 Ki 8:12, Psa 18:11, 97:2, Exo 20:21)
* 'hisses' at people (Isa 5:26, 7:18, Zech 10:8)
* Converses with Satan 'man-to-man" (Job 1:6-7)
These few sample passages are representative of hundreds of Bible passages that portray God in anthropomorphic terms. These divinely inspired images 'lock in' the person of the Bible gods (whether Yahweh, the Trinity, Jesus, H.G. as a "...dove...", the heavenly personages found throughout Rev, the 'resurrected' Jesus, winged angels, etc, etc). If the Bible gods are to be taken as described in that divinely revealed and inspired holy book, there is nothing further to say on the matter.
Jesus' physical appearance is clearly described in "...his visage was so MARRED more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:" (Isaiah 52:14).
He is further described in "...as a root out of a dry ground: he hath NO form NOR comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is NO beauty that we should desire him." (Isaiah 53:2).
The Messianic prophesy of Psalms 22 reveals "But I am a WORM, and NO man; a REPROACH of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me LAUGH me to SCORN: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head...and all my bones are OUT OF JOINT: my heart is like WAX; it is melted in the midst of my BOWELS..." (Psalms 22:6-15)
Jesus' demeanor is clear enough from "How much less man, that is a WORM? and the son of man, which is a WORM?" (Job 25:6). Jesus often referred to himself as the 'son of man'.
Elsewhere we read "...his hairs were white like wool...And his feet like unto fine brass..." (Revelation 1:14-15).
God is being portrayed as some sort of God but with human desires. Also he had been committing senseless acts that seems very despicable!! What's the deal here?